Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Eyre Peninsular

Of course because we were going to camp, it started to rain, and there were forecasts for 90km winds and rain! We looked at a few free camping spots but they were very exposed. We found one at Port Gibbons down in a hollow and camped there the night. When we got up and left there were about 30 vans around so it was lucky we got there early.

We travelled down the east coast of the peninsular stopping at each bay and checking the free camping out. They have really got some lovely bays there and the community really look after things. They could teach Busselton a thing or two about doing up foreshores. The smallest communities had really nice beachfronts. When we were in Port Lincoln (quite a large town)
I went to the laundromat while Charles looked at a maritime museum, which he said was the best he has ever seen.

We drove on up the west coast still looking for a sheltered free camp but couldn't find one so we are now in a caravan park in an unpowered site. It is still raining on and off and we charge our phone up at the campers kitchen. We will stay here for 2 nights and then keep going. We are now going to watch "Inception" which I believe is very hard to understand but I'll give it my best.

I have just read through some of my blog and it really sounds like I am whinging a lot, but I'm not, I really am enjoying the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment